E-Commerce Solutions That Are Right For YOUR Business.
What does 'e-commerce solutions' mean, anyway?
E-commerce means the process of selling products or services online. That deceptively simple definition includes knowing about:
- How to set up a business, licenses, and tax IDs
- How to set up merchant accounts
- Understanding basic copyrighting for images
- Knowing how to write effective copy
- Understanding marketing strategies and channels
- Familiarity with social media
And then packaging all of that into:
- Understanding domains, DNS and how the Internet works
- Knowing how to write web pages using WordPress or Shopify
- The ability to comply with PCI-DSS standards
- The ability to comply with ADA standards
- Understanding SEO, meta tags, and keywords
- Understanding the technology that ties Facebook, WooCommerce, Shopify and Instagram together
Once the website is built the job isn’t finished, though. There’s still:
- Setting up analytics so you can see your visitors and get traffic measurements
- Setting up your site with Google so you can see how visitors find you
- Setting up advertising banners to earn extra income
- Passing PCI scans every 90 days if required
OK, let’s say you’re done with all that. Do you just stop there? No, then there are the ongoing hidden gotchas:
- Reviewing your logs for security threats
- Updating your plugins as new patches come out
- Removing spam from your blogs and customer reviews
And what about sales? Discounts? Promotions? Who takes care of those?
So, to fully answer the question: e-commerce solutions are the processes and requirements to successfully open and maintain an online presence, geared toward start-ups, micros and small businesses. It is not ‘build a website and walk away’, typically. Anybody can do that.
Happily Retired LLC offers expertise and business-class care at an affordable rate.
Are you happy with YOUR website vendor?